CyberCellar: AWS Migration
CyberCellar is a pioneering and innovative South African e-commerce liquor store, established in 1998 and supporting local wine producers.
- Disastrous downtime during Black Friday which led to a severe shortfall in revenue;
- Significant service interruption which meant users couldn’t browse or shop online; and
- Limited options to scale or grow in their physical server hosting environment.
After evaluating CyberCellar’s unique needs, Dudobi developed a detailed plan and recommended a move away from physical hosting and onto Amazon Web Services (AWS).
This would allow us to:
- Build in complete redundancy
- Virtually eliminate downtime and bolster security
- Improve monitoring and offer unprecedented support
- Enable instant scalability for high-traffic events
- Ensure constant and reliable stability
The CyberCellar team approached the next Black Friday knowing everything was ready. In the end, things exceeded expectations!
- 145% increase in revenue
- 100% uptime over Black Friday
- Fastest page load times since site inception
- Orders and new customers increased three-fold